Eligibility Requirements & Instructions
- You must be a permanent resident of Florida residing on the property as your primary residence as of January 1st.
- The deadline to submit the application for exemption is March 1st (for the year in which you wish to qualify)
The following is a list of the documents that you will be asked to provide information
about. Please have these documents available while completing the application:
- Florida Drivers Licenses or Identification cards. You will need to provide ID# and issue date. Must reflect the permanent residence address.
- Vehicle registrations. You will need to provide tag# and issue date. Must reflect the permanent residence address.
- Voters registrations. You will need to provide ID# and issue date. Must reflect the permanent residence address.
- Permanent Resident Alien Cards. You will need to provide ID# and expiration date. A legible copy will also be required to be submitted to the office.
The following is a list of information that you will be asked to provide during
the application process:
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Date of permanent Florida residence
- Date of occupancy
- Date of property purchase
- Mailing address listed on last IRS tax return
- Address of previous residence
- Address of other property owned
- Telephone number
If you are married AND your spouse is NOT filing for homestead exemption, you will
be asked to provide the following information:
- Name of spouse
- Primary residence address for spouse
- Social Security Number of spouse
- Date of birth of spouse
- Does your spouse receive any resident based benefit (such as but not limited to
credits, exemptions, rebates, rollbacks, discounts, STARS, etc)? If so, at what